CREMORNE STUDIOS was designed using principles established by the German PassivHaus standard. The following measures have been taken:
- increased insulation to all external walls;
- double glazed windows;
- thermally broken window framing system;
- Daikin VRV HVAC system;
- Swegon Gold RX heat recovery system;
- rainwater toilet flush system;
- draught proof windows;
-24hr/7days individual tenant controlled A/C; and
- highly efficient lighting system.
All of this is done to increase levels of occupant comfort as well as reducing the energy footprint of each workspace.
In addition, allowances have been made to fit the building with a 120sqm solar plant on the roof that will assist with the energy consumption of the air conditioning system.